Sheltered cove with a beautiful wide beach of fine sand and shallow waters. Old fishing port with hotels, bars, restaurants and a wide commercial area. Glass-bottom-boat excursions in the surroundings are especially recommended. Natural fishing and yacht harbour that has not lost its natural charm despite modernization. Its beach deserves special mention and so does a visit to the local natural Caves of Drach and Caves of Hams, both the most visited on the island
The beach of Porto Cristo (300 m lenght x 30 m width) is located near the port . Other close coves are cala Petita, only accesible on foot, and Cala Murta, at the other end of Porto Cristo.
The town of Porto Cristo is 12 kilometres away from the capital Manacor and is one of the highlights on tourist routes on the island and on the second most inhabited settlement in the township.
Its small bay opens onto the South-east and is almost closed on the right by a big rock, Es morro de sa Carabassa. On that end is a lightower built in 1851.
The tower torre dels Falcons, typical watchtower form 1577 stands out. There is also a baptismal font of paleochristian period in the town.
Link to www.portocristo.org